Online Crime Report
Crime Reporting / Information Submission
DO NOT USE THIS FORM IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN EMERGENCY. DIAL 9-1-1 OR CALL THE JOHNSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT AT (401) 231-8100
This system is not a way to replace your interaction with a live police officer, however, it was created to provide a convenient alternative for citizens to report non-emergency situations that have occurred within the confines of the Town of Johnston, RI.
Individuals who choose to utilize this system will be able to file a report from the comfort of their home or office. An officer will follow-up with you in a timely fashion..
FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT AND INSURANCE FRAUD ARE CRIMES THAT ARE PUNISHABLE BY LAW.
YOU MAY USE THE ONLINE REPORTING FORM IF YOUR REPORT:
- DOES NOT involve an Active Crime in Progress, such as an assault, burglary, or a breaking and entering. Dial 9-1-1.
- DOES NOT involve a Domestic Violence Related Crime. Dial 9-1-1.
- DOES NOT involve a Missing Person, Missing Child or Runaway. Dial 9-1-1.
- DOES NOT involve the loss of Firearms or Prescription Medications. Dial 401-231-4210
- IT DOES involve Abandoned Vehicles, Bullying, Harassing Phone Calls, E-Mails, Texts, Cyber Harassment, Lost Property.
- IT DOES involve Vandalism (Motor Vehicle or Property).
- IT DOES involve Fraudulent Use of Credit Cards, Identity Theft.
- IT DOES involve Theft – Theft of Vehicle Parts, Identity Theft, Theft of Mail/Packages, Theft from Vehicles and Burglary Supplement.
- OR IF There are no “Known Suspects.”
- OR There was no physical evidence left at the scene.
- If your incident does not meet the criteria above, please contact us at (401) 231-4210 to speak to a dispatcher.
Please complete the following form in order to file an online police report. In the appropriate fields, please include your telephone number and E-Mail address so that an Officer can respond to your complaint.
Reports are generally available 3-5 business days. Contact Johnston Police Records Department at (401) 231-3154 OR firstname.lastname@example.org